Menstrual cramps are a throbbing, painful discomfort that occurs shortly before or during your period in the lower abdomen, menstrual cramps are also known as dysmenorrhea.
Some women have them a regular basis, and they can range in severity from moderate to severity from moderate to severe. Period cramps can cause hip or lower back pain, as well as stomach upset and vomiting in severe cases .
Menstruation occurs when your uterus contracts, causing the lining to separate from the uterus’s leave your body.
MAY LIKE: How to Remember What You Read
When your uterus contracts it’s aids the flow of period blood out of your vaginal canal Menstrual cramps can be excruciatingly unpleasant and inconvenient ,but there are techniques to alleviate the discomfort
Here are some suggestions for relieving your cramps.
- Experiment with over the counter medications .
- Period discomfort can be relievers such as Ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen, or acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Before taking any pain medicine, check with your doctor self if you have any allergies.
- Turn on the heat to relieve period pain, place a heating pad on your stomach or lower back.if you don’t have a heating pad take a hot bath instead.
MAY LIKE: 5 ways to whiten your teeth
- Also, use essential oils to massage. Massage therapy is a successful treatment. Press down on particular spots on your abodomen for around 20 Minutes. Adding essential oils to a recipe can have additional advantages Lavender, pepper mint and Rose oil are some of the most powerful essential oils.
- Limit your intake of certain foods during your period. Foods that causes bloating and water retention, as well as sugar, sweetened foods, should be avoided. Avoid fatty foods, alcohol , Carbonated beverages, caffeine and soft food during or near to your period.
- Experiment with herbs :- some herbs drink contain anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic substances that can help with menstrual cramps by reducing Muscular tightness and swelling.
While cramps are common component of getting your period , severe cramps that make it difficult to perform ordinary tasks are not it could indicate a medical issue such as pelvic ,
Inflammatory disease, endometriosis , adenomyosis, uterus and others.
However, if the preceding solutions do not relieve your discomfort, you should consult your doctor.