How to Engage in a long conversation with a girl
Whether you are a shy person or not you can actually Engage in a conversation with a girl as a guy with these few steps
Pay attention to the scenario, and mold your invitation to the circumstances. Don’t, for example, ask her a random astronomy question when she’s shopping for shoes. Here are a different ways to accomplish this:
- If you want to strike up a conversation with a girl you don’t know, try making a recommendation. For example, if you see a beautiful girl at a coffee shop, and she looks undecided about her order, then recommend your favorite drink or tell her that you’re going to guess exactly what she wants just by looking at her.
- When you already know the girl, start with some common ground. If you’re in school together, then make a comment about classes or talk about your extra curricular activities. If you’re working together, then start a chat about some workplace news, or ask for her help with something that you’re working on.
- Ask her for a minor favor. For example, ask her to watch your stuff (like your phone) while you go get her something to drink. Girls will feel more interested in you if they’ve done a favor for you. It will also make them feel trustworthy and maybe even curious.
- Pay her a compliment. If she looks great that day or if she said something amazing during class, then tell her so. Compliment her hair, or her smile, or her dress. Stay away from her more feminine features. Make sure your compliment is genuine and not phony.
Ask her some questions. You want to show her that you’re interested in her while at the same time deciding whether she’s really worth your interest. A great question will make her think, laugh, and like you, all at the same time.
- Avoid “yes” and “no” questions. A question like, “Did you like the new movie that came out this weekend?” will get you either a “yes” or a “no” but may not launch a meaningful conversation. Instead, ask her what other movies she’s seen and why she likes them. This type of question will get a much longer answer from her.
- Girls often like guys to make the first move. Instead of waiting for her to ask you questions, be proactive and do the asking first. Once she’s answered your question, nod and then provide your own perspective. You want a balanced conversation in which you find out what she’s all about while also sharing parts of yourself.
- Find out what she’s passionate about. If you like this girl, then chances are you find something about her really fascinating. Ask her why she likes what she likes, or why she thinks what she thinks. Ask her something that you genuinely want to learn more about instead of asking questions just to get her to talk. If you’re insincere, she’ll know, and your conversation will be dead in the water.
- People love to talk about themselves. If you find out what she’s passionate about, the conversation will go naturally and easily. This is the easiest way to build a connection.
Make yourself look good throughout the conversation. You want to find out as much as you can about her, but you also want to make sure that you show yourself at your best.
- Talk about a subject that makes you feel passionate and persuasive. When you’re talking about something really positive, you’re going to be at your best. If you’re passionate about music, then talk about your favorite bands. If you have something that you love to do, then talk about it with her.
- Make sure that you give her equal time. You definitely want to share something about yourself, but if you only talk about you, she’s going to think you’re self-centered, and she’s not going to talk to you.
- Don’t offer opinions about subjects you know nothing about. Your goal is to impress the girl with your wit, your conversation, and your intelligence. If you blather about something you’re opinionated but uninformed about, you won’t come off as very intelligent