10 Benefits of fasting in the month of Ramadan
The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Quaran is a period that Muslims welcome with ecstasy across the globe .
- While the significance of the this time cannot be overemphasized , the rewards that come with it are just too enormous.
- Ramadan is synonymous with fasting followed up with good deeds. Allah prescribed the holy month to the believers in order to rectify their actions and purify their souls with a goal of attaining piety . The reason for this authorization by the most High Lord is far beyond the rewards. It entails Physical , spiritual and mental benefits which many of us often take for granted .
- 1) forgiveness :- one of the numerous benefits of Ramadan is earning Allah forgiveness . It is important to the point that the messenger PBUH said:”cursed is he who witness the blessed month but doesn’t earn Allah’s forgiveness” so repent and brace for Allah’s mercy – it’s in abundance .
- 2) steadfastness :- since the goal of Ramadan is to attain piety, Then you should brace up with good deeds. Increase your good ness not only in the blessed month but beyond. Ramadan gives you a chance to scale up righteousness and keep it as a habit.
3) protection :- in the famous Hadith of Muadh ibn jabal RA , he reported the prophet PBUH to have said:” ….. Fasting is a shield ….” Not only does it ward off evils and immoralities from following the footpath of shaytan .
4) Reflection :- This is a time for us all to rethink and reform our ways .
5) Detoxification :- Abstaining from eating and drinking Enhances the metabolic process of the body.
6) Accountability Ramadan helps you stay on track.your consciously take into cognizance what you say or do.
7) Emancipation :- This period comes with a big bonus – random from hell and admission into paradise in a beautiful narration , Abu Huraira reported :
The messenger of Allah , peace and blessings be upon him,said:
” On the first night of the month of Ramadan , the devils, are chained , the jinb are restrained , and the gates of Hell fire are closed and none of its gates are opened .
The gates of paradise are opened and none of its gates are closed .
A caller announces : O seeker of evil ,stop short! Allah will save them from the Hell fire and that is during evil night of Ramadan “.( Tirmidhi).
8) Bonding with the Qur’an :- It is the month in which the Quaran was revealed and Angel jibril used to revise it with Allah’s Apostle.
9) Humility and Empathy:- we submit to Allah’s injunction by fasting in the holy month.it’s one of the pillars to be established by every faithful Muslim.
One of the most important gains from Ramadan is the ability to evolve . To transform from a previous you to the new you.
Ramadan comes to teach piety so we are expected to keep up with good deeds and abstain from evil as much as we can.