International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Job Title: Brewing Area Manager
Job ID: 30014671
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote beer brewing quality excellence in the value chain
- Provide Brewing process expertise (Technical depth) and Lead problem solving processes
- Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
- Manage Health, Safety & Risk, Manage Productivity, Manage the brewing process, Management of People
- Occupational Health, Safety and Risk Ensure that Brewery quality and taste targets are met
- Ensure overall reliability of production Process optimization and asset management and plant availability
- Adherence to AB InBev and global brewing quality standards
- Brewing Strategy implementation and support
- Ensure that brand and brewing process standards are met
- Ensure that brewing technical and brand audits are conducted as per the QA audit schedule – and deviations
- Identified and managed through the non-conformance management process
- Ensure training need analyses are conducted and training plans developed for team members
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure cross skilling occurs within the brewing shift team
- Provide coaching and mentorship to brewing levels 1, 2, 3
- Ongoing optimization of brewing quality and production processes
- Drive implementation of process and product optimization including CAPin and VA projects and trials
- Analyses plant performance data to identify opportunities for improvement to plant performance and initiates
- Opportunity evaluation
- Analyses plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to correct root causes
- Ensures that continuous improvement is built into brewing team goals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.Sc Degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- IBD Papers 1, 2 & 3 completed and passed
- Completed brewing traineeship
- At least 2 years production experience, of which 1 years’ operating at a management level within Brewing
Traits & Competences Required:
- Demonstrate experience in driving commercial decisions in a brewery (financial, operational, people) and brewing technical expertise
- A good performance track record indicating a disciplined work ethic with passion at maintaining quality
- Excellent understanding of VPO
- Effective communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Self-managed and assertiveness.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Creative and broad-minded thinker.
- Dynamic personality.
- Must be a Change agent (Influential power).
- Self-starter and energetic.
- Provide operational support to autonomous shift-based teams on process problem solving, supplying expert advice and guidance.
- Willingness to challenge the “status quo” and uphold process a quality standard within the operational environment
- Coaching and mentoring: with deviations addressed through the non-conformance management procedure and cabin process.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online