PalmPay is a Pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
Job Title: Business Compliance Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
- As we work to scale to become Africa’s #1 payments brand, we are looking for a Business Compliance Manager who can help us deliver business change within the regulatory environment.
- You will help to drive our strategy, advising the commercial teams on regulatory and compliance aspects of new propositions. Within the compliance team you will support the core business within their operational activities.
- The role will be split between the compliance and operational teams.
- You already have a detailed understanding of the regulatory environment within Nigeria across the financial services space and how companies have executed their different propositions.
- You will be focused on the details, process driven and a strong communicator.
About the Role
- Advise the business about how best to achieve new product launches from a regulatory / compliance perspective
- Complete regulatory and compliance research
- Write reports which explain the regulatory constraints, risks, and market conditions to communicate how we can successfully launch new services
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Commercial, Product, Operations and Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with the existing and new business
- Taking the lead from the Head of Compliance, build your network with external stakeholders to help us navigate regulatory and compliance changes for the new propositions
- On a proactive basis, review and document processes and procedures and assess the associated compliance risks
- Manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
- Support with compliance reporting – ensure all compliance reviews/reports are being performed timely, adequately, and appropriately documented
- Support the analysis and rendition of reports to our local regulators CBN, NFIU, NDIC etc
- Assist in the management of one or more compliance processes, reports, procedures, or products
- Execute processes and procedures within defined parameters
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Product Director or Head of Compliance.
Practically, we would expect you to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in (Statistics / Accounting / Banking & Finance / Mathematics / LLB / Science) or any related field
- Not less than three (3) years relevant experience in compliance role with at least two (2) years in the financial services industry
- Good Communication skills
- Attention to details
- Must be an active team player.
- Ideally, you might also have had some previous experience of: Market analysis, strategy development and process development.
You may be a good fit if you are:
- Analytical and thoughtful with a high level of attention to detail
- Structured in your working approach
- Able to break problems down into individual questions
- A collaborative teammate, happy to share knowledge and learn from others while working through complex problems.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online