De Tastee Group is a leading quick-service restaurant, Outdoor Caterers, Event Hall Managers and Home delivery hospitality outfit. on a mission to become the premium brand and first choice in Nigeria’s fast-food business.
Job Title: Deputy Head, ICT
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting To: Head ICT
Objectives of the Job
- A Deputy IT Manager/Network Architect has the responsibility of setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within an organization or between organizations.
- The Deputy IT Manager/Network Architect coordinates and plans computer-related activities to meet De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited business requirements as well as analyze the current systems and assets and recommends and implements solutions and upgrades, and provides training.
- The Deputy IT Manager/Network Architect will offer support to De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. This may, in some cases, involve designing new networks.
- In addition, the Deputy IT Manager/Network Architect is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the smooth running of De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited IT Infrastructure (PCs, servers, software applications, p.o.s machines, website, etc.) within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs/ information technology systems
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications department towards achieving the needed communication collaterals and projects
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the corporation’s assets
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action
- Conduct audits of currently implemented technologies in De Tastee Fried Chicken to verify the results of their applications and proffer recommendations
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for information technology projects
- Keep IT team at optimal capacity by seeking out candidates, selecting the best ones and familiarizing them with the company’s procedures to promote a safe work environment, while also presenting opportunities for personal growth
- Effective management of the Department’s personnel to meet the Company’s requirements consistently
- Involvement in the formulation of key company policies.
- Provide expertise on system upgrades and necessary installations among IT wares
- Manage a secure IT system company wide
- Managing the affairs of the company with government agencies in relation to the IT department
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors on IT affairs
- Manage the financial concerns of the IT department (purchases, budgets, vetting of quotations/invoices, etc.), to ensure cost optimization before financial approval
- Reporting IT matters to the Executive Management
- Must be able to handle general internal and external services to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitoring the viability of processes as well as IT asset performance in all branches (i.e. Tracking)
- Be constantly abreast with the latest technology and determine new technologies that may be integrated to foster IT optimization
- Working with other departmental heads towards the attainment of the company’s objectives
- Involvement in the development of business strategies
- Responsible for research and development focused towards creativity and innovation that will aid management’s decision
- Adopt De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s vision, and inspire to achieve desired outcomes
- Establish De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment.
- Maximize De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy, for De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- Upgrade De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres, for De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
- Maintenance of De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s IT systems/network standards and improving these standards
- Management of De Tastee Fried Chicken Limited’s IT systems/network structures (PCs, ports, switches, routers).
- Effective management of the department’s systems/network to meet the Company’s requirements consistently.
- Involvement in the formulation of key company policies on networking.
- Manage and secure the companies active directories and firewalls across the outlets
- Ensure technical knowledge on systems repairs.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Create and maintain network users/permission.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility
- Liaise with clients on networking projects for the company.
- Carryout routine maintenance and repairs of system wares across outlets and locations
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of IT or Management.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- A strong University Degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, IT Technology or Systems Architecture
- Candidates must have certifications in CCNA, CCNP, MSCE, Oracle EBS-based ERP in a Microsoft enviroment
- 8 Years experiencewith a miminum of 5 years managerial capacity
- Knowledge of SAGE or SAP would be of added advantage
- Ability to multitask
- Expertise and experience on management and implementation of IT infrastructure, management of application maintenance, audio and video equipment, process design & redesign, change management, IT contract negotiation, financial and procurement processes, application selection procedures.
- Strong organization skills with a problem solving attitude
- Excellent communication skill (oral and written)
- Excellent Report and Presentation Skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good time management and scheduling skills.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.