How to protect yourself from snake bites in the toilet – Preventing your toilet from snakes.
It is however known that A naval officer, Ogah Bercy, died on Monday, November 22, 2021. in Abuja after being attacked by a snake in her personal toilet. it is noted that this is not an isolated case.
9jahowto presents an health care topic on how to stay safe from the snakes toilet intruide. Year 2021, several news has been shared and passed around related to the above case.
Here are the tips and ways to protect yourself from the uninvited visitors.
- Keep windows and sliding doors in the bathroom closed or ensure the screens are fully intact so a snake can’t slide its way in.
- Always check your toilet before you sit on it. Who knows? You might see a large snake staring back at you.
- Prevent a mouse or rat infestation in your home with the correct rodent protection. Snakes will follow the food trail, so if you have mice or rats near or in your house, get rid of them faster.
- Always make sure that all the bushes around your house are properly cleared and well burnt so as to prevent any rodents or reptiles from harbouring around the house.
- Another thing you should take note of is to always ensure you fumigate your toilet sink regularly. There are special pesticides that are made specifically for this purpose.
- Keep your toilet lid closed at all times and you can also make use of a flat tile to cover your bathroom filter when you’re not in the bathroom so as to stop any further movement of the reptile through the pipes and also ensure that all pipes are well fixed and closed.
- Always cover your septic tanks and slabs. Leaving them open is never a good idea.
- Lastly, always make sure you check inside your toilet sink before you sit on it, avoid using the toilet in the dark and public toilets are dangerous to use anyhow. If you must use them, don’t sit directly on them, lift up your buttock slightly above the bowl and be watchful.
- Fumigate your sewage pipes every 6 months for your own safety.
- Repair all broken sewage pipes. A broken pipe is an invitation to rats and other animals.
With this few tips, you should be 80% safe. However, the recommended action by 9jahowto is to find another alternative in easing yourself rather than sitting on the throne.