Many women find it difficult to calculate their ovulation period as well as that time when they have higher chance of getting pregnant. In this article is all women need knowing about ovulation period
Here’s a simple way to calculate your ovulation period.
1. From the first day you see the bloodstain of your period.
2. Pick up a calendar and count 15 days including the first day of the blood stain.
3. Mark the 15th day (main ovulation day) with a pen.
4. Mark 3 days before the 15th day, and mark 3 days after the 15th day.
6. You will notice you have 7 days marked.
These 7 days are your ovulation/fertile days also known as unsafe period.
That is, if you have sex on any of these days, then you have 98% chances of getting pregnant.
7. Do this every month diligently.
NB: This is specifically for 28 days menstrual cycle, that’s why I counted 15 days from the first day of the menstrual cycle (blood stain).
21 days menstrual cycle – 8 days count from the first day of the period (blood stain).
22 days – 9 days count
23 days – 10 days count
24 days – 11 days count
25 days – 12 days count
26 days – 13 days count
27 days – 14 days count
28 days – 15 days count
29 days – 16 days count
30 days – 17 days count
31 days – 18 days count
32 days – 19 days count…
1. If your period is 11th July, ,
2. 15 days after the first day of the blood stain will be on 25th of this July too (2weeks after) counting from 11th.
3. 15th day is on the 25th July (main ovulation day).
4. 3days before the 15th day is 22, 23, 24.
5. 3days after 25th July is 26, 27, 28.
6. 22-28th July (7days) is when you are ovulating. It is your fertile period.
**Don’t forget that the 4 days is a reminder that sperm stays in the female body for about 4 days. Any unprotected sexual intercourse in between ovulation period will result in conception (pregnancy).
Safe period starts two days after ovulation period till a day before the next menstrual cycle.
For better chances of having a girl, have sex between 3 days before the main ovulation day (22nd – 24th).
Female sperm (XX chromosomes sperm) swims slowly but can stay inside the female body for days without dying off.
For better chances of a boy (for your body to accommodate the XY chromosomes sperm from your partner nicely), have sex on the main ovulation day and 3 days after 25th (26, 27, 28).
Male sperm (XY chromosomes sperm) swims very fast but will get weak and die off if no egg is found for a while leaving the female sperm to finish the job.
NOTE: Hormonal imbalance/fluctuating hormones and changing cycle schedules can make these calculations inaccurate.