Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Job title: Golang Developer
Job Type: Full time
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
- Work in a team-based development environment with modular code base, peer reviews and pull requests, with disciplined use of source code control and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks.
- Academic background in IT or equivalent
- Knowledge in algorithms and distributed systems
- Proficiency in English
- 3 year of experience.
- Strong working experience (+3 years) and knowledge with Golang
- Experience with Golang Web Frameworks (e.g. Gin Gonic, Rebel)
- Clear understanding of OOP, Design Patterns and anti-patterns, SOLID principles
- Working experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experienced with testing layers (unit, integration and functional testing) and version control technologies (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding of Queuing systems (e.g. SQS, RabbitMQ).
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowledge
- Likes problem analysis and solving
- Enthusiast and an interested in technologies and innovation
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude, in parallel with “Get Things Done” mindset
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online