Redeemer’s University is a private, faith-based University, owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). It was licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in January 2005. The University is committed to the development of high quality moral and academic standards, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Redeemer’s University hosts the World Bank supported African Centre of Excellence for the Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID), Audacious Sentinel Project (2020), and has won several awards and grants. The University is the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Grant (2020), Al’Sumait Prize for African Development (Health) in 2021 and the Winner, 2022 NAS Gold Award for Best University in Science so on. The University was rated as the Best Private University and the Second Overall Best University by the Nigerian Universities System, 2021 Ranking.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Chaplaincy (RUHSS 15)
Location: Ede, Osun
- The Director, Chaplaincy shall be an ordained Full Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and full-time officer of the University.
- He shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and management of the University Chapel, spiritual activities in the University, and be able to provide administrative and spiritual leadership to the University community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must have an Honours Degree not below Second-Class Lower Division in any discipline from a recognized university with at least fifteen (15) years of relevant post-qualification experience, a considerable part of which should be in Christian ministerial / pastoral activities in a faith-based higher education institution (HEI).
- Candidates must have served for at least 4 years in a position, not below the grade of Deputy Chaplain at the time of applying for this position.
- Possession of a higher degree and membership in recognized professional bodies will be a good advantage.
- In addition, candidates must be ICT literate and must enjoy good physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates shall be placed on consolidated salaries and shall enjoy other conditions of service attached to the respective positions, as approved by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) sets of type-written applications with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and clear photocopies of credentials and supporting documentation. The CV should be presented in the following order:
- Name (underline Surname)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality / State of Origin
- Marital Status / Number and Ages of Children
- Postal / Contact Address (with Phone No. and e-mail address)
- Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Post Desired
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Distinctions and Awards
- Work Experience with Full Details of Former and Present Posts
- Current Position and Date of Last Promotion / Appointment
- Current Salary and Status / Grade Level
- Major Academic-Related Services to the Nation outside the University System
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duty if selected.
Applications and supporting documents are to be forwarded to the address below:
P.M.B. 230, Ede,
Submission of hard copies should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials, to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line should be “Application for the Post of Director, Chaplaincy”
Click here to apply online