Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition
Job Title: Health Manager – External Health Services
Reference ID: R59490
Employment Type: Full time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Where you fit in:
- Shell Health’s purpose is to empower employees and our business to thrive through care. The world is changing fast, and Shell Health also has to change to keep up with the external environment, and the needs of the new Shell organization in delivering the Powering Progress strategy.
- We enable business outcomes by providing science-based Health expertise and services, developing in Shell, a sustainable culture of care, focused on helping people to be the best that they can be.
- Collaborating across business, Shell Health offers quality services. Supporting personnel and dependents in accessing quality healthcare in a timely manner, Shell Health is a critical partner in delivering our current operations and investments, while realizing our growth and leadership ambitions in country.
- Shell Health Nigeria implements and monitors local enhanced services by engaging relevant stakeholders, governments, communities, and non-governmental organizations.
What’s the Role?
- You will be coordinating and leading the Shell Health Nigeria commissioning team to ensure the development and delivery of agreed commissioning plans and objectives effectively, efficiently, economically, with good governance, and in accordance with the Shell’s business objectives and functional leadership goals.
Your further accountabilities will include:
- Develop culture that ensures the voice of service users is heard, and the interests of patients and the Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCiN) community remain at the heart of discussions and decisions.
- Drive Shell Health Nigeria to commission the highest quality services to secure the best possible outcomes for SCiN patients within their resource allocation, and maintains a consistent focus on quality, integration, and innovation.
- Shell Health is responsive to the views of local people and promotes self-care and shared decision-making in all aspects of its business.
- Motivate the Shell Health Nigeria Leadership Team and the wider team to always act in the best interest of the local population.
- Shell Health Nigeria (SHN), when exercising its functions, acts to secure health services provided in ways that promote Shell’s global business objectives, improve health and wellbeing, support people to keep mentally and physically well, get better when they are ill and, when they cannot fully recover, stay as well as they can to the end of their lives.
- Commit to continuously improve outcomes, tackle health inequalities, and achieve best value for money for services that Shell Health Nigeria commissions in demonstration of good governance.
- Management of varied Health Contracts.
- Establishes the 5-4-3-2-1 concept in the team, strict prioritization of workload and elimination of low value/transactional work.
- Establishes in the team, the matrix organization culture of both vertical and horizontal interfaces.
What we need from you?
- We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably 10 years post fellowship medical experience, minimum of 5 years in healthcare commissioning, quality assurance in healthcare.
Alongside this, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Primary Medical Degree and Post Graduate Fellowship in any Clinical Specialty
- Post-graduate degree in Management Studies or equivalent.
- Clinician with substantial experience in commissioning of Clinical Services, Health Maintenance Organization, Laboratory Services etc.
- Deep understanding of the Healthcare Industry particularly Nigeria’s business environment.
- Good team player.
- Leadership and coaching experience with clear business focus.
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex issues and data where material may be conflicting and drawn from multiple sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creates the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities, and outcomes.
- Demonstrates and establishes the Learner Mindset within the team, fostering inclusivity and psych safety to identify improvement opportunities and innovative, efficient ways of working.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online