United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Job Title: Team Lead, Cost Management & Budgetary Control
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Employment Type: Permanent
- Provision of timely and periodic Cost MIS Reports for business segments across the Group. To achieve a relatively low cost to Income ratio for the bank.
- To also support and enhance the efficiency of operations. Feedback reporting on costs to Management, Directorate Heads, Divisional Heads, etc.
- Develop cost budget guidelines, timelines and templates.
- Work with the directorate heads to cascade approved global budget OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
- Review of extra-budgetary expenditures requests.
- Deployment and execution of strategic cost containment initiatives group-wide.
- Monitoring and reporting on expense/cost lines group-wide.
- Efficient and timely allocation of Head Office costs, through ABC allocation methodology plus a periodic review of allocation parameters in line with changes in key cost drivers of the business before the release of the draft MPR.
- Providing business and MIS support to stakeholders towards the achievement of financial targets set for each SBU.
- Provision of technical support to the GCOC, as well as the preparation of the quarterly reports for EMC and Board Considerations/ Approval.
- Providing automated detailed cost reports by expense type to ALL business and support groups in line with the KPI sets for MPR delivery.
- Management of the cost code system for monitoring and situating expense responsibility.
- Generation/implementation of strategic cost-saving initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Masters’ Degree in a relevant field or relevant professional certification (CFA, ACCA, ACA, ACIB etc.) will be an added advantage.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills, in the financial service industry. Must have excellent oral and communications skill, excellent listening skills, leadership and motivation, good price negotiation skills and a strong analytical Skill.
Recommended: Apply for Team Lead, MIS Data Analytics at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent oral and communications skill
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Excellent listening skill
- Leadership and motivation
- Price negotiation skills
- Strong analytical Skills
- Cost management
- MS tools
- Best Industry Practice
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online