United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Job Title: Web Quality Assurance Partner
Employment Type: Permanent
- Responsible for monitoring and driving the effective use of products and services to enable users’ seamless navigation on each of our products and website.
- Inspect and ensure high quality is maintained throughout all website operations.
- Oversee the consistency of web and online applications through constant check of processes and outputs.
- Verifying fixes for customer/user support issues.
- Ensures documentation for all required tests and activities are attended to.
- Encouraging constant change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Directing objectives to maximize profitability.
- Monitoring performance and writing reports.
- Ensure that user expectations are met on managed web applications and sites.
- Review user business requirements as well as technology functional requirements document.
- Communicates quality metrics and inspection results to appropriate managers including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI.
- Checking for broken links.
- Checking for missing content, e.g. images.
- Checking for missing page titles.
- Checking for missing metadata.
- Developing and executing test plans for new and existing features.
- Checking the file sizes of pages to ensure they are not too large.
- Checking for browser compatibility.
- Checking that applications are functioning correctly, e.g. online forms.
- Run tests to ensure Server Side Scripting or other languages function correctly.
- Checking that legal and regulatory guidelines are being adhered to, e.g. CBN regulation, data protection, and privacy.
- Checking that pages conform to the Bank’s Web-Accessibility standard.
- Checking that the website design standard is maintained.
- Degree in IT, Communication, or any relevant fields.
- Prior experience in quality assurance or other related roles.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with hands-on experience in quality assurance.
- Exposure to online and application development processes and standards.
- Our ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about website and online processes, employee lifecycle, and the business. He/she must have strong Business Acumen, Interpersonal, Relationship Management, and Analytical skills. He/she must be involved in developing and executing test plans for new and existing features, troubleshooting and verifying fixes for customer/user support issues, and running performance tests.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive experience in quality control preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with all browsers, online and offline web test tools
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
- Adhere to compliance with internal procedures
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and fastidious learner able to adapt to changes and provide sound decision-making
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product owners, design, and implementation teams to better understand requirements, further investigate problems and accelerate resolutions.
- Keen attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- Team working skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Quality assurance software testing
- Thorough understanding of web browsers
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance standards and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of browsers, website functionality, and use of MS tools
- User Interface and User Experience
- Customer Experience
- Analytical approach with good numerical skill and understanding of statistical analysis.
- All products and services of the bank
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online